AnotherVoice

Waxahachie, Texas, March 29, 2005 -- Believing what I was raised to hold sacred, that every voice counts, I've bombarded my local paper for years with letters and op-eds (and been active in politics). Yet here in the heart of everyone's favorite "red state," where it's especially important that another voice be heard, no one seemed to be listening. This is my megaphone.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Weather prediction?

Most trusted name in news has left CNN . . .

I am really, really disappointed in CNN's decision to let Aaron Brown go -- he is one of the few newscasters in whom I have absolute confidence. And a sane voice in these times of turmoil. Apparently the decision-makers at CNN are expecting quite an upsurge in the need for dramatic hurricane coverage, since they have elevated the charming but WASP-y Anderson Cooper to Brown's slot. Actually, 'tis said all this was done in order to give Wolf Blitzer more exposure.

More exposure?! He's already everywhere, and a little Blitzer goes a very, very long way.

Here's what I wrote CNN:
Wrong decision. I no longer have much reason to watch CNN -- after all, enough Wolf Blitzer is enough, already. Or are you planning to change the name of the network to WBN? "The most trusted name in news" for me included Aaron Brown. I like Cooper, but he is no Aaron Brown. Wrong, wrong, wrong!
I hope they hear from lots of folks and rue the day; better still, I would love to see Brown move to, say, MSNBC and replace, say, Rita . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters