AnotherVoice

Waxahachie, Texas, March 29, 2005 -- Believing what I was raised to hold sacred, that every voice counts, I've bombarded my local paper for years with letters and op-eds (and been active in politics). Yet here in the heart of everyone's favorite "red state," where it's especially important that another voice be heard, no one seemed to be listening. This is my megaphone.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Falling-on-sword department

Loyal First Brother Jeb Bush, as Governor of Florida, yesterday chided folks who were complaining about lack of water, ice, etc. after Hurricane Wilma (I paraphrase):

"Now, I don't want you-all to go blaming this on FEMA," he insisted, "blame it on me. I'm the Governor, and it's all on me if things didn't go right. So don't blame FEMA!" Link

His brother, the beleaguered President, was due in Florida today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters