AnotherVoice

Waxahachie, Texas, March 29, 2005 -- Believing what I was raised to hold sacred, that every voice counts, I've bombarded my local paper for years with letters and op-eds (and been active in politics). Yet here in the heart of everyone's favorite "red state," where it's especially important that another voice be heard, no one seemed to be listening. This is my megaphone.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

How Emily's List Lost Me

A long supporter and contributor, I've decided to pack it in with this otherwise excellent fundraising tool. Here's what I wrote:
Re Hillary:
Your decision to support the primary campaign was understandable, I guess, but regrettable. You should have kept your focus on other races, that you did so effectively for so long.
Just because a candidate is female is not the reason to vote for her over others when those others are more worthy—and less encumbered with negatives.
You've lost me.
I'll send my contributions to worthy women; just not through Emily's List.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters