AnotherVoice

Waxahachie, Texas, March 29, 2005 -- Believing what I was raised to hold sacred, that every voice counts, I've bombarded my local paper for years with letters and op-eds (and been active in politics). Yet here in the heart of everyone's favorite "red state," where it's especially important that another voice be heard, no one seemed to be listening. This is my megaphone.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Psst! The Republicans control Congress!!

Did you know that there are actually lots of folks who don't know that the Republicans actually control all branches of our government? Well, I'm inspired by Chris Bowers, on MyDD, who has a GREAT IDEA!

And I intend to incorporate it in a survey I’ve been working on to be submitted as a local op-ed piece. The survey will serve to inform as well as elicit information — my target is the disproportionate number of local citizens who, I believe, have very little clue as to what is really going on in the world. (How else to explain continuing support for Republicans at any level?)

In addition to Bowers' perfect idea, another example is this one:

“Do you believe the United States government allows foreign companies to control some of our ports because there is no American company who will do so, or because it is good foreign policy?”

Or how about:

“How much money will Medicare Part D (the prescription drug plan) save you, as a beneficiary, if you are single, your annual income is at least $13,500, and your annual prescription expense is $250? [Nothing; your cost of the drugs, however, will increase to $713.59]

If you have suggestions for questions, please send them to me! We can have some good fun with this and perhaps even educate some folks at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters