AnotherVoice

Waxahachie, Texas, March 29, 2005 -- Believing what I was raised to hold sacred, that every voice counts, I've bombarded my local paper for years with letters and op-eds (and been active in politics). Yet here in the heart of everyone's favorite "red state," where it's especially important that another voice be heard, no one seemed to be listening. This is my megaphone.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

NARAL blew it!

UPDATE: Friday, August 12 - We hear that NARAL has pulled the ad!
_________________________________________

I was appalled by the NARAL attack ad, released this week against John Roberts. It's illogical, extremist and embarrassing.

I am wary, as I've written, but I think we should at least maintain an appearance of waiting to hear evidence before finding guilt, and hold our fire until we see how the hearings proceed. Here's what I wrote to NARAL:
As a long time supporter, I am chagrined at the decision to go on such a strong attack against Roberts before the hearings have even begun. I believe that accusing him of supporting violence against clinics is WAY over the top, and makes it harder for the rest of us to try to convince moderates to our point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters