AnotherVoice

Waxahachie, Texas, March 29, 2005 -- Believing what I was raised to hold sacred, that every voice counts, I've bombarded my local paper for years with letters and op-eds (and been active in politics). Yet here in the heart of everyone's favorite "red state," where it's especially important that another voice be heard, no one seemed to be listening. This is my megaphone.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Let's do it without DeLay!

From the New York Times today:

“Representative John Tanner, a Tennessee Democrat, introduced a bill last week that would . . . create nonpartisan redistricting commissions in every state. The commissions would be prohibited from taking the voters' party affiliations or voting history into account when drawing lines. Instead, the bill would emphasize continuity of counties, municipalities and neighborhoods. The bill would also limit Congressional redistricting to once every 10 years.”
Here's a LINK to the full editorial.

And be sure to visit the topic on Rep. Tanner's web site.

Now, I don't reckon that my congressman, Joe Barton, will likely support this, but I'll bet a few of you out there have honorable, ethical, responsible representatives who will, if they hear from you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters