AnotherVoice

Waxahachie, Texas, March 29, 2005 -- Believing what I was raised to hold sacred, that every voice counts, I've bombarded my local paper for years with letters and op-eds (and been active in politics). Yet here in the heart of everyone's favorite "red state," where it's especially important that another voice be heard, no one seemed to be listening. This is my megaphone.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Populating the judiciary

The Republican claim that the President, because he won the election, "should be able to have whoever he wants" sitting on the bench in lifetime appointments, is calculated to deceive. A 51% majority is just that, it is not a 100% majority.

And how about someone remembering all those Clinton nominations that were held up by the Republicans to the point where folks were talking about a looming crisis in the judiciary? I don’t doubt for a minute that they were held up so Mr. Bush could fill them, because I don’t doubt for a minute that this was in the works way back before the name Rove was a household word.

Yeah, yeah, I know: Just another "vast right wing conspiracy" theory! But anyone care to argue?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Counters